16 Inch USB 2.0 RS-232 Serial Adapter with Windows 10 support
This USB 2.0 RS-232 Serial Adapter is 16 inches long the easiest way to add a serial port to your computer. Newer computers today lack serial ports for communication; this affects PDA, digital camera, and GPS type equipment that may be used on your system.
This 16 inch USB serial adapter is great for troubleshooting and allows you to add a serial port and monitor the status of your connections via LED activity flashes. When connection activity is present, the LED’s will flash letting you know you have signal on the pins.
The GM-FTDI-LED16 offers an advanced an FTDI Chipset supported by Windows 10, USB 2.0 RS-232 connection with double color LED Display of Full Signal Power. The device is powered individually by the USB 2.0 port. This 16 inch device is easily installed, it features a Plug & Play easy test RS-232 Host to Device link and is backward compatible with USB Spec 1.1.
Additional Features & Specifications:
- Convenient 16 inch total length for troubleshooting
- PDA RS-232 Port support 56K Modem support Serial Mouse support+ Serial PC camera support
- Fully compliant with USB Spec 2.0 Compliant USB Spec1.1
- RS-232 – DB9 / M Data rate : Over 1000kbps
- ESD Protection for RS-232 I/O’ +-15KV RS-232 for DTE Mode
We’ve written a blog post on Serial Driver Support including information on Windows Operating System life cycle.
|DB-9 Pin Assignment|
|Pin||Data Type||Input/Output||LED Color|
|1 IN||Data Carrier||Detect (DCD)||Green|
|2 IN||Receive Data||Receive (RXD)||None|
|3 OUT||Transmit||Data (TXD)||Green|
|4 OUT||Data Terminal||Ready (DTR)||Green|
|6 IN||Data Set||Ready (DSR)||None|
|7 OUT||Request||Send (RTS)||Green|
|8 IN||Clear||Send (CTS)||None|
|9 IN||Ringing||Indicator (RI)||None|
- 1~4, 6~9 PIN Signal 0 : Green / Signal 1 : RED GND – RED – POWER PS. DB9-F PIN / 1,2,6,8,9 NO Input LED no light
- DCD , RXD, TXD, DTR , GND,DSR ,RTS ,CTS , RI
- Easy test RS-232 Host to Device link
- Win XP, Vista, 7, 8, and Windows 10
- Linux, Mac OS 10.X
- USB 2.0 RS232 Serial Adapter with LED’s
- Latest FTDI Driver (available for download)
- GM-FTDI-LED Product Manual (available for download)