USB 2.0 Device Server Over IP
GM-ASD-102 is new palm-sized USB 2.0 Device Server Over IP that enables versatility in adding a USB device such as an external hard drive, flash drive, memory card reader, or USB Multi-Function Printer (MFP) to be shared over on a network.
With the versatility afforded by the USB 2.0 Device Server, users can now enjoy their favorite multimedia content stored on their computer from anywhere in their home or office. (Single Item Device Server)
A user can append a standard USB webcam to the USB 2.0 Device Server as a simple and low cost security monitoring solution for their home and/or small office. Because the unit allows the ability of Multi-Function Printer sharing, any user can print, scan, or fax from any computer in their home. It complies with USB 2.0 specifications, and provides users with an auto-sensing 10/100Base-T port. The print server will even automatically identify your printer’s make and model upon connection. When connecting the USB 2.0 Device Server to a wireless router, users can access their multimedia content and USB devices wirelessly.
We’ve written a brief blog post about USB device office demands and high tech solutions for these types of products.
Features & Specifications:
- No printer compatibility problem for Ethernet environment. Especially to share USB printers over your network.
- Trouble free installation: Installer for Windows XP, Windows Vista.
- Manages printing jobs by printer name instead of IP address.
- Embedded USB 2.0 host controller and transceiver, totally compliant with USB 1.1/USB 2.0 (Hi-speed) specification.
- Embedded Ethernet 802.3/3u transceiver, compliant with 100BASE-TX and 10BASE-T PMD level standards.
- Supports MDI/MDIX auto crossover function (Auto-MDIX).
- Supports DHCP, configures IP Address automatically.
- Supports majority Ethernet protocols TCP/IP, UPnP, Bonjour search.
- Supports LPD/LPR printing on Windows 2000 / XP / Vista.
- Network Protocol TCP/IP Network Interface 10/100Mbps RJ45 Printer Connection
- USB 2.0 / backward compatible with USB 1.1 Standards
- IEEE 802.3 10Base-T; IEEE 802.3u 100Base-T;
- USB 2.0 LED 1 Connector Ethernet RJ-45 8P Female USB Type A Female
- Dimension (L x W x H) 54.6 x 54 x 19.6mm
- Housing: Plastic
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- USB 2.0 Device Server Over IP adapter
- Power Connector