New Gen1 USB 3.0 USB-C to A Cable
The “USB-C” or “USB Type-C” is the newest universal USB connector that is capable of twice the speed of USB 3.0 throughput and provides the ability to carry more power, up to 100 Watts in future applications. The USB-C connector will work with previous USB versions; however, this is based on the USB specifications and proper connection ports must be used.
The USB Type-C connector provides for the use of USB 3.0 and USB 3.1 versions of the USB Specifications. The new USB-C connector is reversible, the user does not have to worry about which way the connector is connected. The USB-C connector can only be used in a Type-C port.
USB-C to A Cable Features and Compatibility
- Reversible plug orientation: Power and Ground will be correct regardless of orientation.
- USB 2.0: Compatible with Low Speed, Full Speed, and High Speed USB specifications.
- Usage: Can be used with mobile devices, laptops, and tables supporting Type-C port connections and power output.
- USB 3.1: First Generation (5Gbps SuperSpeed) – Second Generation (10Gbps SuperSpeed+)
- Power Delivery: Enhanced power delivery options – Scalable power charging with connectors being able to supply up to 5 A and future cables supporting 3 A for up to 100 watts of power.
- Docking Support: USB PD (USB power delivery) based on interface configuration option
- Power Production: Ability to provide 100W of power with USB 3.1 cabling opposed to the previous 10W.
- Durability: 10,000 connect/disconnect cycles
- Certification: Supports both USB 3.1 (10 Gbps) and USB 3.0 (5 Gbps)