This 16 inch USB C serial device is a USB C to RS-232 serial adapter compliant with USB 2.0 specifications, used to easily add a serial port to your computer, even if they are unequipped with COM port ability. Works with Windows 10 and lower!
The GM-FTDI2-LED16-C supports peripherals requiring a serial RS-232 connection through a USB C type host port of your Laptop or Desktop computer. The 16 inch USB C to serial adapter allows you to add a single serial port and monitor the status of your connections by using LED activity flashes.
|When connection activity is present, the LED’s will flash letting you know you have signal on the pins. The GM-FTDI2-LED-C offers an advanced an FTDI Chipset supported by Windows 10. The device is powered individually by the USB 2.0 Type-C port and is easy to install with Plug & Play, it easily tests RS-232 Host to Device link with backward compatibility with USB Spec 1.1.
We’ve written a blog post on Serial Driver Support including information on Windows Operating System life cycle.
Additional Features & Specifications:
- 1~4, 6~9 PIN Signal 0 : Green / Signal 1 : RED GND – RED – POWER PS. DB9-F PIN / 1,2,6,8,9 NO Input LED no light
- DCD , RXD, TXD, DTR , GND,DSR ,RTS ,CTS , RI
- Easy test RS-232 Host to Device link
- Supports USB C port connection
- Win XP, 2000, 2003, CE, Vista, 7, 8, and Windows 10
- Linux, Mac OS 10.X
|DB-9 Pin Assignment|
|Pin||Data Type||Input/Output||LED Color|
|1 IN||Data Carrier||Detect (DCD)||Green|
|2 IN||Receive Data||Receive (RXD)||None|
|3 OUT||Transmit||Data (TXD)||Green|
|4 OUT||Data Terminal||Ready (DTR)||Green|
|6 IN||Data Set||Ready (DSR)||None|
|7 OUT||Request||Send (RTS)||Green|
|8 IN||Clear||Send (CTS)||None|
|9 IN||Ringing||Indicator (RI)||None|
- 16 inch USB C to RS232 Serial Adapter with LED’s
- Latest FTDI Driver (available for download)
- GM-FTDI2-LED16-C Product Manual (available for download)