USB Server and or USB Printer Server over IP/Ethernet
GM-ASD-104 USB 2.0 over IP (USB Server and Printer Server) Server is a new palm-sized USB 2.0 server that enables an external hard drive, flash drive, memory card reader, USB webcam, or USB Multi-Function Printer (MFP) to be shared over an active network. With the versatility afforded by the USB 2.0 high speed server, users can now enjoy their favorite multimedia content stored on their computer from anywhere in their home or office. The USB 2.0 over IP is backward compatible with USB 1.1 specification.
A user can append a standard USB webcam to the USB 2.0 over IP Server as a simple and low cost security monitoring solution for their home or small office use. Because the unit possessed of Multi-Function Printer sharing, any user can print, scan, or fax from any computer in their home. It complies with USB 2.0 specifications, and provides users with an auto-sensing 10/100Base-T port. The print server will even automatically identify your printer make and model upon connection. When connecting the USB 2.0 over IP Server to a wireless router, users can access their multimedia content and USB devices wirelessly.
Features & Specifications:
- No printer compatibility problem for Ethernet environment. Especially to share USB printers over your network.
- Supports a USB 2.0 Hub extension, which can support up to 4 USB devices over your home or office IP network. (GM-104 Only)
- Trouble free installation: Installer for Windows XP, Windows Vista.
- Manages printing jobs by printer name instead of IP address.
- Embedded USB 2.0 host controller and transceiver, totally compliant with USB 1.1/USB 2.0 (Hi-speed) specification.
- Embedded Ethernet 802.3/3u transceiver, compliant with 100BASE-TX and 10BASE-T PMD level standards.
- Supports MDI/MDIX auto crossover function (Auto-MDIX).
- Supports DHCP, configures IP Address automatically.
- Supports majority Ethernet protocols TCP/IP, UPnP, Bonjour search.
- Supports LPD/LPR printing on Windows 2000 / XP / Vista , Linux and Mac OS.
- Network Protocol TCP/IP Network Interface 10/100Mbps RJ45 Printer Connection
- USB 2.0 / backward compatible with USB 1.1 Standards
- IEEE 802.3 10Base-T; IEEE 802.3u 100Base-T;
- USB 2.0 LED 1 Connector Ethernet RJ-45 8P Female USB Type A Female
- Dimension (L x W x H) 54.6 x 54 x 19.6mm
- Housing: Plastic
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- USB 2.0 Over IP Server
- USB 2.0 Over IP USB and Print Server Disk
- Power Connector
- ASD-10x Drivers and Software available for download
We’ve written a brief blog post about small office demands and high tech solutions for these types of products.