The 5 foot Serial UART USB to 3.3v TTL PIN Header Cable (TTL level) adapter allows you to connect your computer through the USB port and use it as a regular serial communication device with support for 7 or 8 data bits. All USB protocol is handled within this adapter using an FTDI Chip set. There is no other device or programming required.
The USB to 3.3v TTL PIN Header Adapter Cable is perfect for embedded systems that require a serial connection to a computer and provides a USB to TTL Serial interface to 6-pin header. The board attaches directly to the USB bus via a standard type A receptacle connector. It shows up on any Windows computer as a standard serial COM port. Any applications that talk to this COM port is automatically converted to USB and back to UART on your target board.
- The Cable provides a USB to TTL Serial interface to 6-pin header.
- Single board USB to asynchronous serial data transfer interface
- Entire USB protocol handled by the electronics in the cable USB
- UART interface support for 7 or 8 data bits, 1 or 2 stop bits and odd / even / mark / space / no parity
- Fully assisted hardware (RTS#/CTS#) or X-On / X-Off software handshaking.
- Data transfer rates from 300 baud to 3 Mbaud at TTL levels.
- +3.3V output allows external logic to be powered from the USB port
- VCC Output rating current Max. 50mA
- Transmit and receive LEDs
- UHCI / OHCI / EHCI host controller compatible
- Low USB bandwidth consumption.
6-Pin Header Assignment:
- Pin 1 GND
- Pin 2 CTS
- Pin 3 VCC
- Pin 4 TXD
- Pin 5 RXD
- Pin 6 RTS
- Windows 7, 8, and 10
- Mac OS 10.X
- USB to 3.3v TTL PIN Header Cable
- Latest FTDI Driver (available for download)
- GM-TTL3VT Product Manual (available for download)