The GM-TTL5VT USB to TTL 5V Header Cable is a USB to Serial UART (TTL Level) allows you to connect your computer through an available USB port and uses it as a regular serial communication. All USB protocol is handled within this adapter, there is no other device or programming required and supports plug-and-play technology.
The adapter is perfect for embedded systems that require a serial connection to a computer and is compliant with USB spec. 2.0 & 1.1. The board attaches directly to the USB bus via a standard type “A” Male receptacle connector for upstream data. The USB to Serial UART shows up on any Windows computer as a standard serial COM port. Any applications that talk to this COM port are automatically converted to USB and back to UART to your target board.
- The Cable provides a USB to TTL Serial interface to 6-pin header.
- Single board USB to asynchronous serial data transfer interface
- Entire USB protocol handled by the electronics in the cable USB
- UART interface support for 7 or 8 data bits, 1 or 2 stop bits and odd / even / mark / space / no parity
- Fully assisted hardware (RTS#/CTS#) or X-On / X-Off software handshaking.
- Data transfer rates from 300 baud to 3 Mbaud at TTL levels.
- +5V output allows external logic to be powered from the USB port
- VCC Output rating current Max. 450mA
- Transmit and receive LEDs
- UHCI / OHCI / EHCI host controller compatible
- Low USB bandwidth consumption.
6-Pin Header Assignment:
- Pin 1 GND
- Pin 2 CTS
- Pin 3 VCC
- Pin 4 TXD
- Pin 5 RXD
- Pin 6 RTS
- Windows 7, 8, & Windows 10
- GM–TTL5VT USB to 5V TTL Header Cable
- Latest FTDI Driver (also available for download)
- GM-TTL5VT Product Manual (available for download)